Man Posts Cryptic Joke Before Malaysia Airlines Plane Is Shot Do - myfoxcarolinas.com

Man Posts Cryptic Joke Before Malaysia Airlines Plane Is Shot Down

• Steven GaitherSteven GaitherMore>>

Steven Gaither

Thursday, May 22 2014 12:23 PM EDT2014-05-22 16:23:15 GMT
    I guess you could say my journalism career began about the time I won “Best Storyteller” in my kindergarten class. I’m a proud graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where I worked at the school newspaper for four years, three as sports editor and one as editor-in-chief.

Panthers Training Camp Journal

Thursday, July 31 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:30:31 GMT
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.

Writebol's Condition Worsens

Thursday, July 31 2014 3:24 PM EDT2014-07-31 19:24:36 GMT
    SIM is reporting that Nancy Writebol's condition has taken a turn for the worse. That news comes just hours after it was announced that Writebol would be receiving an experimental serum to treat Ebola.

Hours after a Malaysian Airlines plane was shot down over Ukraine, a harrowing social media post is being shared online. Just before leaving the Netherlands, Cor Pan posted this photo of the plane he was about to board with a cryptic joke.

Pan was alluding to the Malaysian Airlines plan that disappeared over the Pacific Ocean in March. Pan's Facebook friends seemed to be amused by the post initially.

"Haha, nice that we know," Pauline Van T Hoff said. "Have fun on vacation."

Once the news of the plane's crash broke, the tone of the responses quickly changed.

"I can't believe this," Jan Keizer Jr. wrote on Pan's wall. "Totally broken. Rest in peace."

Panthers Training Camp Journal

Thursday, July 31 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:30:31 GMT
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.

Bill Requiring Moped Registration Heads to Governor McCrory

Thursday, July 31 2014 4:45 PM EDT2014-07-31 20:45:41 GMT
    A bill requiring mopeds to be registered is heading to Governor McCrory. This is after the North Carolina Senate agreed to drop an insurance requirement for mopeds. T

CDC Issues Ebola-related Travel Warning

Thursday, July 31 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-07-31 20:06:43 GMT
    The Center for Disease Control and Prevention issued a travel warning to Americans regarding the deadly Ebola outbreak in Africa. Here you'll find information regarding the warning and general information about the virus.