Source: Smith confessed to Tanner murder - myfoxcarolinas.com

Source: Smith confessed to Tanner murder

• Sheeka StricklandMore>>

Sheeka Strickland

Monday, April 21 2014 2:14 PM EDT2014-04-21 18:14:40 GMT
    I'm the Senior Producer of Digital Media for MyFOXCarolinas, which means I focus on myfoxcarolinas.com, the Fox 46 mobile app, and our Facebook and Twitter pages. Before I started working for My FOX Carolinas, I worked as a reporter and anchor in NC and GA.

Crittenton Homes: A Reflection of Societal Values

Thursday, July 17 2014 5:59 PM EDT2014-07-17 21:59:26 GMT
    Crittenton homes across the country have evolved its services to keep up with American cultural values. What started as a night mission for prostitutes is now an open resource for teen mothers.

Source: Smith confessed to Tanner murder

Friday, July 4 2014 9:17 PM EDT2014-07-05 01:17:54 GMT
    A close source to the investigation reveals that Smith confessed to killing the Guilford County teacher.
  • Steven GaitherSteven GaitherMore>>

Steven Gaither

Thursday, May 22 2014 12:23 PM EDT2014-05-22 16:23:15 GMT
    I guess you could say my journalism career began about the time I won “Best Storyteller” in my kindergarten class. I’m a proud graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where I worked at the school newspaper for four years, three as sports editor and one as editor-in-chief.

Panthers Training Camp Journal

Thursday, July 31 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:30:31 GMT
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.

Writebol's Condition Worsens

Thursday, July 31 2014 3:24 PM EDT2014-07-31 19:24:36 GMT
    SIM is reporting that Nancy Writebol's condition has taken a turn for the worse. That news comes just hours after it was announced that Writebol would be receiving an experimental serum to treat Ebola.
  • Cheryl BrayboyMore>>

Cheryl Brayboy

Friday, March 14 2014 4:19 PM EDT2014-03-14 20:19:45 GMT
    I have been working in television for 15 exciting years! I got my start in Chicago – my hometown - as an intern on the “Jerry Springer Show” and as guest co-host on “Face to Face: The Vernon Jarrett Show” (WLS TV).

Sex Trafficking: What role does faith play in the solution?

Sex Trafficking: What role does faith play in the solution?

Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:51 PM EDT2014-07-30 02:51:36 GMT
    Human trafficking, is growing in North Carolina – ranked tenth in the nation - and young girls are targets. The average age of a victim in the United States : 12 to 14 years old. On Eagles Wings Ministries provides a safe haven for young girls and women, ages 12 to 21. What role does faith play in helping victims heal?

One Woman Dynamo: Lawyer-Comedian-Pastor Takes Charlotte

One Woman Dynamo: Lawyer-Comedian-Pastor Takes Charlotte

Sunday, July 27 2014 8:54 PM EDT2014-07-28 00:54:34 GMT
    Some call Susan Sparks a modern day dynamo. She was a lawyer who became a comedian, and then a minister. This weekend, she graced the stage in Charlotte, performing before a crowd of nearly two thousand at the Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.  Her story will astound you.

Angelo Grayson Smith Junior has confessed to killing missing teacher Bianca Tanner, according to a source close to the investigation. The source told My FOX Carolinas that Smith confessed to killing Tanner hours after a body was found in a wooded area.

Police found a body near the 10400 block of Calico Crossing Lane. A medical examiner will determine if the body belongs to Tanner, along with the cause of death.

Smith was arrested at 4:30 am Thursday.

Smith had been questioned about Tanner's death and was considered a person of interest before Thursday's developments. He was arrested near Chicago last week, and extradited back to Charlotte for charges not related to the Tanner case.  He was released from jail late Wednesday and arrested again Thursday, charged with first degree murder.  He sits inside the Mecklenburg County Jail.  Sources with connections to the Mecklenburg County District Attorney's office expects the arraignment to happen on Monday, after the July 4th holiday.

CMPD says it has notified Tanner's family.  My Fox Carolinas has reached out to the family and is now awaiting response.

Panthers Training Camp Journal

Thursday, July 31 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:30:31 GMT
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.
    Rain struck early and often at Panthers training camp in Spartanburg.

Bill Requiring Moped Registration Heads to Governor McCrory

Thursday, July 31 2014 4:45 PM EDT2014-07-31 20:45:41 GMT
    A bill requiring mopeds to be registered is heading to Governor McCrory. This is after the North Carolina Senate agreed to drop an insurance requirement for mopeds. T

CDC Issues Ebola-related Travel Warning

Thursday, July 31 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-07-31 20:06:43 GMT
    The Center for Disease Control and Prevention issued a travel warning to Americans regarding the deadly Ebola outbreak in Africa. Here you'll find information regarding the warning and general information about the virus.