Source: Smith confessed to Tanner murder - myfoxcarolinas.com

Source: Smith confessed to Tanner murder

• Sheeka StricklandMore>>

Sheeka Strickland

Monday, April 21 2014 2:14 PM EDT2014-04-21 18:14:40 GMT
    I'm the Senior Producer of Digital Media for MyFOXCarolinas, which means I focus on myfoxcarolinas.com, the Fox 46 mobile app, and our Facebook and Twitter pages. Before I started working for My FOX Carolinas, I worked as a reporter and anchor in NC and GA.

New York Building Goes Out With A Bang

Tuesday, August 26 2014 6:25 PM EDT2014-08-26 22:25:08 GMT
    Demolitions aren't normally very pleasing to the eye, but the organizers of this one broke the mold.
  • Cheryl BrayboyMore>>

Cheryl Brayboy

Friday, March 14 2014 4:19 PM EDT2014-03-14 20:19:45 GMT
    I have been working in television for 15 exciting years! I got my start in Chicago – my hometown - as an intern on the “Jerry Springer Show” and as guest co-host on “Face to Face: The Vernon Jarrett Show” (WLS TV).

Kilah Davenport's Family Stands on Faith

Kilah Davenport's Family Stands on Faith

Friday, September 12 2014 12:08 PM EDT2014-09-12 16:08:15 GMT
    Inside Kilah Davenport's room, Kilah's Grandmother - Leslie Davenport - finds solace, peace of mind on the heels of two years of trauma; six months of loss.

The Real Red Band Society

Tuesday, September 9 2014 11:18 PM EDT2014-09-10 03:18:03 GMT
    Most say ""Red Band Society" offers a realistic portrayal of hospital life for kids battling long-term illness.

Angelo Grayson Smith Junior has confessed to killing missing teacher Bianca Tanner, according to a source close to the investigation. The source told My FOX Carolinas that Smith confessed to killing Tanner hours after a body was found in a wooded area.

Police found a body near the 10400 block of Calico Crossing Lane. A medical examiner will determine if the body belongs to Tanner, along with the cause of death.

Smith was arrested at 4:30 am Thursday.

Smith had been questioned about Tanner's death and was considered a person of interest before Thursday's developments. He was arrested near Chicago last week, and extradited back to Charlotte for charges not related to the Tanner case.  He was released from jail late Wednesday and arrested again Thursday, charged with first degree murder.  He sits inside the Mecklenburg County Jail.  Sources with connections to the Mecklenburg County District Attorney's office expects the arraignment to happen on Monday, after the July 4th holiday.

CMPD says it has notified Tanner's family.  My Fox Carolinas has reached out to the family and is now awaiting response.

Trending in Hollywood

Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:23 AM EDT2014-09-16 04:23:57 GMT
    Katy Perry and Taylor Swift feuding (and it's not over John Mayer!), Beyonce pregnancy rumors, Kayne West angers fans, and Robin Thicke drops a major bombshell.  Here's what's trending in Hollywood.

Showmars Founder George Couchell Sits Down With Barbara Lash

Tuesday, September 16 2014 12:20 AM EDT2014-09-16 04:20:18 GMT
    Showmars founder George Couchell sits down with Barbara Lash to talk about the restaurant chain that has become a staple in the Charlotte metro area.  Nearing 30 locations and employing more than 800 people, Showmars has a special attachment to the community.

Panthers Undecided if Greg Hardy Will Play Sunday against Steelers

Monday, September 15 2014 11:01 PM EDT2014-09-16 03:01:36 GMT
    Coach Ron Rivera said Hardy's situation was becoming a distraction.
    Coach Ron Rivera said Hardy's situation was becoming a distraction.

Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices