Cam Newton Writes Touching Facebook Tribute To Fallen Teammate - myfoxcarolinas.com

Cam Newton Writes Touching Facebook Tribute To Fallen Teammate

• Steven GaitherSteven GaitherMore>>

Steven Gaither

Thursday, May 22 2014 12:23 PM EDT2014-05-22 16:23:15 GMT
    I guess you could say my journalism career began about the time I won “Best Storyteller” in my kindergarten class. I’m a proud graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where I worked at the school newspaper for four years, three as sports editor and one as editor-in-chief.

Newton and Receivers Looking To Get Familiar—Fast

Friday, July 25 2014 11:11 PM EDT2014-07-26 03:11:01 GMT
    Recovery and bonding with new receivers among the challenges for Cam Newton. Rookie Kelvin Benjamin is one of those new wide outs.

Panthers Show Off New Players, Stadium Upgrades At Fan Fest

Friday, July 25 2014 11:04 PM EDT2014-07-26 03:04:42 GMT
    The new-look Panthers gave fans a sneak peak of an upgraded Bank of America Stadium on Friday night.
  • Carolina PanthersMore>>

• Bruising fullback shows he can pack a punch off the field, too

Panthers' Mike Tolbert Boxes His Way into Playing Shape

Panthers' Mike Tolbert Boxes His Way into Playing Shape

Sunday, July 27 2014 10:27 PM EDT2014-07-28 02:27:42 GMT
    Sometimes, off-season training regimens can become boring. Mundane.  Tiresome.  Others can be the type that elongate a career, energize a player, and improve an athlete's quality of life, both on the field and off.  Mike Tolbert hopes he's come across his version of the latter.

Newton and Receivers Looking To Get Familiar—Fast

Friday, July 25 2014 11:11 PM EDT2014-07-26 03:11:01 GMT

Panthers Show Off New Players, Stadium Upgrades At Fan Fest

Friday, July 25 2014 11:04 PM EDT2014-07-26 03:04:42 GMT
Cam Newton has a reputation for being somewhat brash, but the Carolina Panthers quarterback showed his softer side with a touching tribute to fallen teammate. Newton took to Facebook to write a compelling post to his former teammate Phillip Lutzenkirchen, who was killed in a car accident early Sunday morning.

Newton began his post by questioning why the former Auburn tight end's death.

“But as I sit and think about it, I do know that God makes NO mistakes,” he said.

“If anything, for everyone who's sees this; I challenge you to forgive whatever someone did to you, tell/text someone "you love them", or even help someone who is having a "not so good day" because one thing I do know is that LIFE IS TO SHORT for someone to be holding grudges and for you not to be at peace with yourself at the end of the day!”

Lutzenkirchen and Newton played together on the Auburn team that won the 2010 BCS National Championship.

"GOOD-BYE! Or should I say SEE YOU LATER "LUTZ"! Newton said. "See you on the other side of the pearly gates my teammate, my friend, MY BROTHER who was truly an AUburn Man! WAR EAGLE my man, WE WILL MISS YOU!!"

Visit Newton's Facebook page for the full post.

Red Bull Global Rallycross Excites Fans

Saturday, July 26 2014 10:22 PM EDT2014-07-27 02:22:47 GMT

Thousands enjoyed an up close racing experience at the Charlotte Dirt Track.

Thousands enjoyed an up close racing experience at the Charlotte Dirt Track.

Roll Over Fred: From Pet Owner to Store Owner

Sunday, July 27 2014 7:52 PM EDT2014-07-27 23:52:30 GMT
    We all have heard of the saying, “a dog is a man’s best friend," it may sound a bit cliche but it’s true for Fred Shrill and his dog Tucker. “I wouldn’t take the world or him,” said Fred as he smiled.

• Mike Leslie's death-defying (not really) ride in the passenger seat of a rocket ship

#Ridealong with Red Bull Global Rallycross

#Ridealong with Red Bull Global Rallycross

Saturday, July 26 2014 3:22 PM EDT2014-07-26 19:22:34 GMT
    Friday, for my assignment, I was tasked with a ride-along in a Global Rallycross car, at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Cars that go zero-to-60 in 1.9 seconds -- that's faster than a formula one car. We're talking about machines with absurd power. Not a bad gig... But enough to make you a little skittish...