Mother charged after 5-year-old found at beach - myfoxcarolinas.com

Mother charged after 5-year-old found at beach

Posted: Updated:

STRATFORD, Conn. (AP) - A 24-year-old Bridgeport mother has been arrested after police found her 5-year-old son alone on a beach.

Police tell the Connecticut Post they received a call at about 8 p.m. Sunday that a young boy was wandering Short Beach. They say the boy was crying and told them his family had left about an hour earlier without him.

Police found the boy's mother and grandparents at their home. They told officer they did not realize the child was missing.

Tianah Browon was charged with risk of injury to a minor. A phone call to her home Tuesday went unanswered.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Connecticut NewsConnecticut NewsMore>>

  • Lawsuit settlements reached in Metro-North crash

    Lawsuit settlements reached in Metro-North crash

    Monday, September 15 2014 8:39 PM EDT2014-09-16 00:39:39 GMT
    Four of 28 people who sued the Metro-North Railroad in federal court after being injured in a Bridgeport train crash last year have settled with the commuter railroad.
    Four of 28 people who sued the Metro-North Railroad in federal court after being injured in a train crash in Connecticut last year have settled with the commuter railroad.
  • Feds inspect pump at Millstone nuclear complex

    Feds inspect pump at Millstone nuclear complex

    Monday, September 15 2014 2:30 PM EDT2014-09-15 18:30:43 GMT
    Federal inspectors are at the Millstone nuclear power complex in Waterford to examine a critical backup water pump that failed routine tests in July and last week.
    Federal inspectors are at the Millstone nuclear power complex in Waterford to examine a critical backup water pump that failed routine tests in July and last week.
  • Death row inmate seeks kosher diet

    Death row inmate seeks kosher diet

    One of two men convicted in the killings of a mother and her two daughters in a 2007 Connecticut home invasion is suing Connecticut, claiming his rights are violated because he's being denied kosher food in...
    One of two men convicted in the killings of a mother and her two daughters in a 2007 Connecticut home invasion is suing the state, claiming his rights are violated because he's being denied kosher food in prison.
Powered by WorldNow

WJZY FOX 46
3501 Performance Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28214
Main Number: (704) 398-0046

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices