Jon Dick Dominates the Pickleball Court - myfoxcarolinas.com

Jon Dick Dominates the Pickleball Court

• Jon DickMore>>

Jon Dick

Monday, April 21 2014 2:11 PM EDT2014-04-21 18:11:39 GMT
    Known for my unconventional reports, I am a digital journalist for Fox46 in Charlotte.
    Known for my unconventional reports, I am a digital journalist for My FOX Carolinas in Charlotte. I was born a long time ago in Syracuse, New York. Since then I have spent most of my life in Pennsylvania and Colorado. My biggest weakness: I have no weaknesses. I’m a smooth operator, operating correctly, and a master of journalism according to the University of Colorado.

UFO Sightings in Uptown

Wednesday, July 23 2014 8:56 PM EDT2014-07-24 00:56:41 GMT
    Since Monday, July 21, UFOs sightings have been popping up all over North Tryon Street.

Kids Make Waves at the YWCA

Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:52 AM EDT2014-07-23 15:52:16 GMT
    The YWCA of Central Carolinas has eleven youth learning centers in Mecklenburg and Union Counties.

Pickleball is all the rage in Florida and several other regions, but it is quickly gaining notoriety in the Carolinas.

The sport is similar to ping pong or tennis, but is played with oversized wooden paddles and a wiffle ball. The ball travels considerably slower than a tennis ball, so the game is easy to learn no matter what your age or skill level.

If you’re interested in trying your hand at pickleball, visit Nano Sports for more details.

Remember to like my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter and Email me at Jonathan.Dick@Foxtv.com with your story ideas.

Injunction denied for parents suing UCPS Board of Ed.

Thursday, July 24 2014 10:37 AM EDT2014-07-24 14:37:00 GMT
    A preliminary injunction to halt school redistricting in Union County Public Schools was denied by a Superior Court Judge on Tuesday.

West End Salisbury Community Meets, Police Pledge to Open Substation

Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:59 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:59:38 GMT
    Tonight the West End Community Organization and the West End Pride Organization are hosting a community meeting to talk about recognizing gang and drug activity and combating it. Today the Salisbury Police Department also announced it is opening a police sub-station in the West End.Tonight's meeting is at the Miller Recreation Center from 6-8 p.m. Master Trooper Clee Atkinson Jr. with NC Highway Patrol willtalk to residents about recognizing gang activity and Alex Clark, a former drug dealer ...

Local Reaction to Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:08 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:08:22 GMT
    The death toll in the Middle East continues to climb on this 16th day of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.