Wednesday, South Carolina lawmakers agreed on a law that would ban texting and driving for all drivers in the state.
The new law prohibits anyone driving from texting. You can text if you are stopped completely at a red light or pulled over on the side of the road.
If caught, the fine will be $25. For the first 180 days after the bill becomes law, officers will only hand out warnings
* 10% of all accidents occur because of distracted drivers
* South Carolina is the 3rd most dangerous state to drive
* Drivers ages 25-29 is most dangerous group of drivers
* 2012: 863 automobile deaths in South Carolina
* 2013: 734 automobile deaths in South Carolina
* 2014: 285 automobile deaths in South Carolina to date?