Dog wakes owner during fire, saves her life -

Dog wakes owner during fire, saves her life

Posted: Updated:
GLENDALE, Ariz. - You can call him a hero.  This Pomeranian woke his owner during an early morning fire in Glendale.

Since she got him as a puppy nine years ago, the owner knew that King was special.  But on Tuesday, she learned just how amazing he is when he saved her life.

"I think God put him in my hands," said King's owner, Karen Mariluch.

She says King saved her life when her home and store, Abra's Formal Wear shop, caught on fire.

"Had he not woke me up, I wouldn't be here today," she said.

Karen believes a candle that she thought was out, flared up and sparked the fire.  She takes sleeping pills and says if it weren't for King, the smoke would have killed her.

"He was scratching on my face, which he never does and then nudging my head up.. trying to get me up.  When he finally got me up, he jumped off the bed and went to the door.. lets get out of here," said Mariluch.

The damaged windows have been boarded up and there's a smoky smell inside.  Some inventory was damaged, but Mariluch says she is far from going out of business.

"I want all my Quinceañera people not to be panicked or worried orders are coming in there still going to be coming here," she said.

Mariluch is getting inventory from her sister store in Colorado and operating out of a second home on the property.

She is grateful that the shop is still standing and that her best friend is by her side.

"We're lucky.. we're so lucky," she said.

She will have brand new inventory and expects the store to be completely repaired by September.
Didn't find what
you were looking for?

Powered by WorldNow

3501 Performance Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28214
Main Number: (704) 398-0046

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices