Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google H - myfoxcarolinas.com

Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google Hangout

• Cheryl BrayboyMore>>

Cheryl Brayboy

Friday, March 14 2014 4:19 PM EDT2014-03-14 20:19:45 GMT
    I have been working in television for 15 exciting years! I got my start in Chicago – my hometown - as an intern on the “Jerry Springer Show” and as guest co-host on “Face to Face: The Vernon Jarrett Show” (WLS TV).

Lutheran Women on a Mission in the QC

Lutheran Women on a Mission in the QC

Friday, July 25 2014 6:16 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:16:52 GMT
    She’s the first of her kind: Elizabeth Eaton is the first woman Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. She's in the QC with 2,000 women of the ELCA church.  They're on a mission to make a difference in Charlotte and around the world.

Young, Single & Pregnant: Florence Crittenton, a Refuge

Young, Single & Pregnant: Florence Crittenton, a Refuge

Thursday, July 17 2014 9:52 PM EDT2014-07-18 01:52:58 GMT
    When you turn on the tube, it appears teen pregnancy is popular, a hip new trend! While teen pregnancy numbers have been trending downward since 1990, teen pregnancy is still serious business, Charlotte mom, Michelle Cade is a success story: a college graduate, a flourishing mother of five. But at 17, she was pregnant and afraid. With the support of family, Michelle has found her way; she is building a career in public relations and guiding her children down a successful path.
    When you turn on the tube, it appears teen pregnancy is popular, a hip new trend! While teen pregnancy numbers have been trending downward since 1990, teen pregnancy is still serious business.  Florence Crittenton Services can help.
Here is the scoop from our GOOGLE Hangout.

They're calling it the shock heard around the state. It's a talker: the arrest and resignation of Mayor Patrick Cannon. Joining us to discuss: Jeremiah Chapman who is a community organizer in Charlotte, an MBA student and a former JCSU student. Also joining us is Lillian Mayer, a student and Charlotte native.

Both Chapman and Mayer say they were surprised to hear the news about Patrick Cannons arrest Wednesday.

"It was something I didn't expect," Chapman said. He was at work when he heard the news. "I just met Patrick Cannon recently, and I was shocked to hear the news."

Mayer was also at work when she got the news.

"I was definitely surprised. I was at work and I saw it first on social media, and I had to go to my news sources and validate it. I was surprised."

The vast majority of people seem surprised by the recent events, including those in the political sphere. Some students today said they believe it was entrapment.  Chapman believes it definitely could be entrapment since federal agents have been trailing him since 2010.  Mayer agrees.

"Just to hear the large amounts of money they lured him with, it's suspicious," she said.

NC Sales Tax Bill Clears Senate

Thursday, July 24 2014 4:22 PM EDT2014-07-24 20:22:09 GMT
    For the second time, the North Carolina Senate voted in favor of a local sales tax limit. The NC Senate voted 32-16 in favor of House Bill 1224 that would cap the local sales tax at 2.5%.

Charlotte Events with Moira Quinn

Wednesday, July 23 2014 7:49 PM EDT2014-07-23 23:49:00 GMT
    Moira Quinn with Charlotte Center City Partners shares upcoming events in the Queen City... including an ice cream social at the Green Market on Saturday and the soccer match between Liverpool FC and AC Milan at Bank of America Stadium. Quinn tells @Fox46Barbara, tickets are still available.

Newton and Receivers Looking To Get Familiar—Fast

Friday, July 25 2014 11:11 PM EDT2014-07-26 03:11:01 GMT
    Recovery and bonding with new receivers among the challenges for Cam Newton. Rookie Kelvin Benjamin is one of those new wide outs.