Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google H - myfoxcarolinas.com

Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google Hangout

• Cheryl BrayboyMore>>

Cheryl Brayboy

Friday, March 14 2014 4:19 PM EDT2014-03-14 20:19:45 GMT
    I have been working in television for 15 exciting years! I got my start in Chicago – my hometown - as an intern on the “Jerry Springer Show” and as guest co-host on “Face to Face: The Vernon Jarrett Show” (WLS TV).

Genocide Survivor Speaks

Genocide Survivor Speaks

Friday, August 22 2014 3:51 PM EDT2014-08-22 19:51:11 GMT
    The "200 Girls" crisis triggers haunting memories for Umuhire.  She shares her story.

Foster Care, Trauma & Faith: A Local Woman Pays It Forward

Foster Care, Trauma & Faith: A Local Woman Pays It Forward

Thursday, August 21 2014 11:02 PM EDT2014-08-22 03:02:33 GMT
    Abuse, neglect, mental illness, trauma: these words describe the early lives of therapeutic foster children - now in treatment through the Alexander Youth Network. What role does faith play in turning the lives of these children around?
Here is the scoop from our GOOGLE Hangout.

They're calling it the shock heard around the state. It's a talker: the arrest and resignation of Mayor Patrick Cannon. Joining us to discuss: Jeremiah Chapman who is a community organizer in Charlotte, an MBA student and a former JCSU student. Also joining us is Lillian Mayer, a student and Charlotte native.

Both Chapman and Mayer say they were surprised to hear the news about Patrick Cannons arrest Wednesday.

"It was something I didn't expect," Chapman said. He was at work when he heard the news. "I just met Patrick Cannon recently, and I was shocked to hear the news."

Mayer was also at work when she got the news.

"I was definitely surprised. I was at work and I saw it first on social media, and I had to go to my news sources and validate it. I was surprised."

The vast majority of people seem surprised by the recent events, including those in the political sphere. Some students today said they believe it was entrapment.  Chapman believes it definitely could be entrapment since federal agents have been trailing him since 2010.  Mayer agrees.

"Just to hear the large amounts of money they lured him with, it's suspicious," she said.

A New Spot For Breakfast and Lunch in Myers Park

Friday, August 22 2014 4:59 PM EDT2014-08-22 20:59:50 GMT
    A bowl full of coffee and a hash made with locally sourced purple potatoes. It's all part of the culinary scene at a new breakfast and lunch spot in Myers Park called Littlespoon.

Burying Chickens Alive: Local petition gaining thousands of signatures

Saturday, August 23 2014 1:00 AM EDT2014-08-23 05:00:14 GMT
    A video showing chickens allegedly being buried alive that has gone viral this summer has gained over 150,000 petitioners through a local animal-rights activist.

Johnson C. Smith Prepares For Competition

Friday, August 22 2014 11:12 PM EDT2014-08-23 03:12:49 GMT
    Johnson C. Smith University's band is preparing for the Queen City Battle of the Bands. The competition is Saturday, August 23 at Memorial Stadium in Charlotte. Doors open at 5:30 and the competition begins at 7:30 p.m.

Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices