Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google H - myfoxcarolinas.com

Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google Hangout

• Cheryl BrayboyMore>>

Cheryl Brayboy

Friday, March 14 2014 4:19 PM EDT2014-03-14 20:19:45 GMT
    I have been working in television for 15 exciting years! I got my start in Chicago – my hometown - as an intern on the “Jerry Springer Show” and as guest co-host on “Face to Face: The Vernon Jarrett Show” (WLS TV).

Young, Single & Pregnant: Florence Crittenton, a Refuge

Young, Single & Pregnant: Florence Crittenton, a Refuge

Thursday, July 17 2014 9:52 PM EDT2014-07-18 01:52:58 GMT
    When you turn on the tube, it appears teen pregnancy is popular, a hip new trend! While teen pregnancy numbers have been trending downward since 1990, teen pregnancy is still serious business, Charlotte mom, Michelle Cade is a success story: a college graduate, a flourishing mother of five. But at 17, she was pregnant and afraid. With the support of family, Michelle has found her way; she is building a career in public relations and guiding her children down a successful path.
    When you turn on the tube, it appears teen pregnancy is popular, a hip new trend! While teen pregnancy numbers have been trending downward since 1990, teen pregnancy is still serious business.  Florence Crittenton Services can help.

Debbie Allen's Musical Hits Charlotte

Debbie Allen's Musical Hits Charlotte

Wednesday, July 16 2014 10:38 PM EDT2014-07-17 02:38:28 GMT
    Debbie Allen's Hit Musical, Brothers of the Knight hits the Charlotte Stage this week. The show features five dancers from the Charlotte area, including Bailey Greemon of Fort Mill and Chloe Allen, an eleven year old who attends Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School in Charlotte. Both Bailey and Chloe have been dancing since they were in preschool. Bailey says, "It has been breath-taking. I mean, it is such an incredible experience to be working with Debbie Allen and Norm Nixon and touring acro...
Here is the scoop from our GOOGLE Hangout.

They're calling it the shock heard around the state. It's a talker: the arrest and resignation of Mayor Patrick Cannon. Joining us to discuss: Jeremiah Chapman who is a community organizer in Charlotte, an MBA student and a former JCSU student. Also joining us is Lillian Mayer, a student and Charlotte native.

Both Chapman and Mayer say they were surprised to hear the news about Patrick Cannons arrest Wednesday.

"It was something I didn't expect," Chapman said. He was at work when he heard the news. "I just met Patrick Cannon recently, and I was shocked to hear the news."

Mayer was also at work when she got the news.

"I was definitely surprised. I was at work and I saw it first on social media, and I had to go to my news sources and validate it. I was surprised."

The vast majority of people seem surprised by the recent events, including those in the political sphere. Some students today said they believe it was entrapment.  Chapman believes it definitely could be entrapment since federal agents have been trailing him since 2010.  Mayer agrees.

"Just to hear the large amounts of money they lured him with, it's suspicious," she said.

Unanimous Vote to Change CMS Students' Eligibility for Extracurricular Activity

Tuesday, July 22 2014 9:00 PM EDT2014-07-23 01:00:27 GMT
    The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education met on Tuesday night to discuss a proposal to change the extracurricular activity eligibility for rising high school students.

T4 Global Cross Country Ride Nearing the End in North Carolina

Wednesday, July 23 2014 6:03 PM EDT2014-07-23 22:03:27 GMT
    A cross country charitable bike ride has made its way to North Carolina. Together, Ed Weaver and Christian Toews have peddled from Washington State to Shelby, North Carolina as part of "GoTeam," a nationwide endurance team that's under T4 Global.

Claremont Trying To Clear Up Letter Confusion

Wednesday, July 23 2014 5:51 PM EDT2014-07-23 21:51:21 GMT
    City Manager Doug Barkoff said the letter is something the city feels could potentially be a scam to homeowners in the Claremont community.