No decision by Cabarrus County Commissioners on amount of school - myfoxcarolinas.com

No decision by Cabarrus County Commissioners on amount of school bond referendum

• Robin KanadyMore>>

Robin Kanady

Wednesday, April 2 2014 11:55 AM EDT2014-04-02 15:55:18 GMT
    Hey, Hey Carolinas! I'm doing the job I love in the place I love, my hometown. I grew up in Concord and I'm grateful to be back home telling the stories of such wonderful people in and around the Charlotte area.

Rowan County Sheriff's Office Abruptly Cancels Parsons Press Conference

Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:33 PM EDT2014-07-30 02:33:44 GMT
    The Rowan County Sheriff's Office has abruptly canceled a press conference scheduled today to update the Erica Parsons case.

Area Malls Battling Back Against NC's Loss of Tax Free Weekend

Friday, July 25 2014 10:59 PM EDT2014-07-26 02:59:10 GMT
    Retailers in the Charlotte region are planning discounts to combat the loss of revenue after North Carolina’s elimination of the sales tax free weekend, which traditionally took place the first weekend in August.
Cabarrus County commissioners made no decision Wednesday after two school systems and a community college presented them with a list of school construction projects totaling more than $100 million. Commissioners have to decide how much of that money will come in the form of a bond referendum on the ballot for voters in November.

Cabarrus County Schools, Kannapolis City Schools, and Rowan Cabarrus Community College each made requests for funding. Commissioners will meet again Monday to further discuss the proposals.

Instead of borrowing all the money, commissioners are looking at ways to pay cash for the schools.

“If we move forward with a $100 million dollar bond, we’re going to have one of the most substantial debts in Cabarrus County history," Cabarrus County Commissioner Chris Measmer said.

Mount Pleasant Middle School is on the list of schools needing a new building. Cindy Miller’s daughter now attends the school, which Miller’s grandmother attended decades ago.

“All the upgraded schools, it makes our school look degraded," Miller said.

Where To Park at Charlotte Premium Outlets?

Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:43 PM EDT2014-07-30 03:43:25 GMT
    In less than 48 hours, Charlotte will open a new outlet mall at Steele Creek off I-485.

Federal Court Ruling Celebration

Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:25 PM EDT2014-07-30 03:25:16 GMT
    The Human Rights Campaign held a party to celebrate the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling on marriage equality in Virginia. The gathering was at Cathode Azure Club in Charlotte.

CMPD Charges Men With Attempted Murder For Allegedly Dragging Officer

Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:12 PM EDT2014-07-30 03:12:38 GMT
    Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police DepartmentCharlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
    Police have charged two men with attempted murder after they allegedly grabbed and dragged an officer on Tuesday morning.