Suspects arrested for terrorizing Coney Island - myfoxcarolinas.com

Suspects arrested for terrorizing Coney Island over missing cell phone

Posted: Updated:
DETROIT, Mich. (WJBK) -

It all started over a missing cell phone.

Now, two men are in police custody believed to have robbed a Deluxe Coney customer, terrorized employees by waving a weapon in their faces and threatened to "shoot up" the restaurant.

The restaurant's owner says two men came into the restaurant early Thursday morning and demanded to get a cell phone back. Employees told the men they could not get in to the lost and found area to retrieve the phone. The owner says then one of the men pulled out an AK-47 assault rifle and waved it in an employee's face, demanding to see surveillance video.

Eventually the two men agreed they would return later to get the phone, but allegedly told employees if they did not get their phone back by the end of the day they would come back and "shoot up" the place.

The two men began to leave the restaurant but, on the way out, allegedly stole $250 from a customer.

As promised, the two suspects returned to the restaurant later, and now the owner was in the building.

The owner went back to check the surveillance video and, while doing so, called detectives to tell them the two men had returned to his restaurant. Police officers came to the restaurant minutes later and arrested the two suspects.

Officers examined the surveillance video from earlier in the morning, from the suspects' first visit on Thursday, and believe they have the right men in custody. The two suspects did not return with a weapon.

The owner says his employees are shaken up, but he is also very thankful no one was hurt and that police responded so quickly.

  • Taryn AsherTaryn AsherMore>>

  • Family of man who died at local concert defending suspect

    Family of man who died at local concert defending suspect

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 8:00 AM EDT2014-08-20 12:00:39 GMT
    The son of a 55-year-old Westland man who died after an alleged assault at a concert said the 15-year-old teen being investigated is not to blame.
    The son of a 55-year-old Westland man who died after an alleged assault at a concert said the 15-year-old teen being investigated is not to blame.
  • Brazen gas station bandit caught on camera

    Brazen gas station bandit caught on camera

    Monday, August 18 2014 11:50 PM EDT2014-08-19 03:50:06 GMT
    St. Clair Shores are asking for your help identifying a brazen armed robber who was caught on tape.
    St. Clair Shores are asking for your help identifying a brazen armed robber who was caught on tape.
  • Ficano talks about primary loss and his future

    Ficano talks about primary loss and his future

    Wednesday, August 6 2014 8:37 PM EDT2014-08-07 00:37:06 GMT
    The primary results are in and Wayne County Executive Bob Ficano will soon be out. He spoke to Fox 2's Taryn Asher about his primary loss and the future.
    The primary results are in and Wayne County Executive Bob Ficano will soon be out. He spoke to Fox 2's Taryn Asher about his primary loss and the future.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow

WJZY FOX 46
3501 Performance Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28214
Main Number: (704) 398-0046

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices